- Let's spend an hour together on the ground and in the plane, no commitments. This gives us a chance to get to know each other and see if pursuing your pilot’s license is right for you. You’ll have the opportunity to get your questions answered on the ground. I will then walk you through the pre-flight inspection of the airplane. You will then take aircraft controls and under my guidance, taxi to the runway for takeoff. After I take off, I will guide you to take the controls and you’ll begin to learn to fly the aircraft.
Who is eligible to become a pilot? (FAA Aeronautical Information Manual, Part 61 Subpart E)
* be 16 years of age to fly without the aid of an instructor on board (solo flight).
* be 17 years of age to become a licensed pilot.
* have passed the appropriate private pilot knowledge test within the past 24 months.
* have an endorsement from your instructor stating you have the experience and knowledge.